Welcome to St. Teresa's Academy. This is a special place where we share a tradition and commitment to personal, academic, and spiritual growth. This is our legacy since our founding over 150 years ago by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. The Academy's identity with the sisters serves as the foundation for education as a Catholic institution. St. Teresa's Academy fosters, nurtures, and guides students to successful futures that will someday take them across the country and world. These leaders of tomorrow will leave the Academy with a solid educational and spiritual foundation and know they have been a part of a very special tradition.
Located on a beautiful, college-like campus in the heart of the Brookside and south Plaza neighborhoods, St. Teresa's promotes excellence in education. Here, students learn about the world and think beyond their classroom walls in an effort to succeed in an increasingly international and competitive environment. Every student utilizes a customized Surface Pro tablet for use throughout her tenure at STA. The wireless campus and distant learning classrooms enhance our global education initiatives. Accredited by the North Central Association/AdvancED since 1923, St. Teresa's molds students into confident, skilled, and caring young women through a challenging curriculum, an all-female environment, a diverse student body, Christian values, and personal responsibility.
During the 2018-2019 school year, an $11 million investment in the expansion of the Goppert Center was introduced. This expansion includes state-of-the-art educational spaces and tools, demonstrating the long-standing commitment at St. Teresa's to remain a prominent leader in high school education. The investment added over 25,000 square feet to the Windmoor campus, which include the Fahey Learning Center, a state-of-the-art Makerspace/Engineering Lab, prominent Campus Ministry Department, and workout facilities.