Advanced / Honors / Dual Enrollment / AP


Non-weighted classes for underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores).


Registration for AP, Honors, and College Dual Enrollment courses require specific pre-registration. See individual courses for information.

  • Courses are weighted in cumulative GPA. Seniors may take 6 courses per semester IF they are enrolled in 3 or more AP/College courses.
  • Students must earn a 77% or higher to receive the additional 5 bonus points for a weighted course.


AP courses are available to St. Teresa's students who meet the eligibility requirements. Refer to the Course Selection Guide for information. Students are encouraged to research in advance what score must be achieved on each subject exam in order to earn college credit; colleges differ on their policies. Consult the institution's website, contact the admissions office or go to the College Board's website at

Fees for AP exams are the responsibility of the family and are approximately $94 each. Registration occurs in February of the course year. AP scores are not included on transcripts; it is the student's responsibility to submit scores to the college of choice. Beginning with the 2019-20 school year, AP exam registration will move to late August/early September with no late registration/refunds available. 

Dual Enrollment

A number of courses are offered at St. Teresa's for college credit through Rockhurst University, the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and Northwest Missouri State University. Note - College Chemistry and College Physics are taken on the campus of Rockhurst University. Additional fees apply for dual enrollment and are the responsibility of the family. Enrollment determines whether the course will be offered for college credit; a minimum number may be required. 

Students must meet eligibility requirements for enrollment in college credit courses. It is the student's responsibility to research if a particular course will transfer to their institution of choice. Consult the institution's website or the admissions office for more information. It is important to know if they will transfer the credit only, or the credit and the grade earned.

It is recommended that students wait until mid-June following graduation to send an official transcript from RU or UMKC to the institution they plan to enroll. This will ensure that the transcript is complete. Be sure to take the address of the future institution with you.

Rockhurst University
To request RU transcripts go to:
Transcript requests may also be made in person. The Office of the Registrar is located in Massman Hall. The fee is approximately $10.

University of Missouri at Kansas City  (UMKC)
Requests for transcripts must be made in writing and include a student signature. Print and complete form; no e-mail or phone requests are accepted. The processing fee for transcripts is approximately $7 (additional if a rush order). The Office of the Registrar is located at 5100 Oak in the Administrative Center. Requests may be faxed to 816.235.5513 (credit card needed). You may also mail your request to UMKC Transcripts, 5100 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110.

Questions? Contact Debi Hudson, Director of College Counseling,